Your play performed at Pitchy
Your play performed at Pitchy
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested at a later date.
2. Submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com by 23.59 on 30th August 2021:
If you require assistance with submitting your script, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the team may be busy with enquiries near the deadline date and may not be able to assist at this time, so please submit ahead of the deadline to ensure your submission is complete before the window closes.
3. The submission window for entries opens Monday 5th July 2021. Submissions received before the window opens will not be considered.
4. The submission window for entries will close at 23.59 on 30th August 2021. Submissions received after the window closes will not be considered.
5. All submissions must be the original work of the writer and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Pitchy Breath Theatre Company accepts no liability if writers ignore these rules and writers agree to fully indemnify Pitchy Breath Theatre Company against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules.
6. Original ideas must be suitable for performance by Pitchy Breath Theatre Company at any showcase events.
7. Writers retain the copyright in their script but on being selected will grant to Pitchy Breath Theatre Company a licence to perform and use their entry across all media, including stage, screen and any online or social media platforms.
8. As with any new script, Pitchy Breath Theatre Company may require further drafts and revisions. Writers must be willing and able to undertake redrafting and revision work in conjunction with Pitchy Breath Theatre Company. By submitting a script, the writer agrees that Pitchy Breath Theatre Company may in its sole discretion edit, adapt or abridge it.
9. By submitting your work, writers warrant that they have legal capacity to enter the scheme and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. Submissions will be considered alongside the following criteria:
11. Submissions will be considered through the following process:
All submissions will be reviewed by a team of Pitchy Breath Theatre Company directors, who will perform a first sift by reading the first ten pages of each script, assessing them against the criteria outlined above. Pitchy Breath Theatre Company reserves the right not to read all ten pages if it is clear that the quality of the writing or subject matter is unsuitable or is in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
Longlisted scripts will then be discussed by the Pitchy Breath Theatre Company directors and the successful writer will be notified.
The successful writer will be contacted by Pitchy Breath Theatre Company on or before the 7th of September.
12. The name of the successful writer will be made public. Writers must agree to take part in any publicity if required.
13. Pitchy Breath Theatre Company’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Pitchy Breath Theatre Company reserves the right to disregard any submission which breaches any of these terms and conditions or may bring Pitchy Breath Theatre Company into disrepute, including any submissions which profit from criminal activity.
15. Writers currently serving a term of imprisonment in the UK are ineligible for entry.
16. If the submitted script has been through a development process with a production company, agent, training scheme etc then this must be declared upon submission.
17. Pitchy Breath Theatre Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage, including changing or substituting the selection process and script development opportunities. In this event, a notice will be posted on www.pitchybreath.co.uk.
18. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales